SURFMEPP’s primary mission is centered on a complete, well-engineered, and continuously improving Class Maintenance Plan (CMP) that facilitates the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process, streamlines maintenance processing, develops maintenance strategies, and directly supports surface ship Expected
Service Life (ESL) goals. Orbis provides technical, programmatic, and administrative support for Fleet/Type Commander Staffs in support of SURFMEPP’s primary mission.
ORBIS support includes the following specific capabilities:
- Provide Availability Work Package (AWP) Managers (AWPMs) to both COMNAVSURFLANT and COMNAVSURFPAC Type Commander (TYCOM) staffs to assist with the development, scheduling, planning, and tracking of surface ship depot level maintenance and modernization work.
- Provide support for planning and execution of Fleet alterations.
- Monitor the progress of Mandatory Technical Requirements (MTRs) upon AWP turnover from SURFMEPP to the TYCOM.
- Collaborate with maintenance and modernization community stakeholders to ensure that all MTR trade-off decisions are captured in TYCOM deferral letters.
- Review cost estimates for planned repairs and alterations.
- Assist in the capture of maintenance requirements in budget submissions.
· The experienced personnel in the SURFMEPP team support efforts to produce a capable fleet that achieves ESL.