ORBIS’ mission of the NAVSEA RADIAC Program is to acquire radiation detection equipment and be the provider of total life cycle support and technical authority to meet governing requirements and to execute the Navy’s radiological controls, detection, and safety program.
- Recommend technical requirements for the life cycle of the RADIAC Program
- Provide recommendations for RADIAC training documentation for the Integrated Logistics Elements and other logistic discipline
- Recommend logistics elements for RADIAC Program
- Conduct ILS risk assessments for RADIAC Program
- Monitor track and provide status of RADIAC equipment, provisioning process and the procurement, receipt and stowage aboard ship.
- Perform research and development for the RADIAC program.
- Perform RADIAC calibrator standardization for RADIAC program calibrations.
The experienced personnel in the RADIAC team support product life cycle, logistics, training, business case analysis, and procurement/installation support services.