SUBMARINE PROGRAM ENGINEERING, TECHNICAL, LOGISTICS AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
ORBIS’ mission is in the support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) to provide engineering, technical, logistics, and program management personnel to assist in the In Service Engineering Agents’ efforts in supporting Submarines.
- Develop, update and review technical and logistical documentation associated with HM&E systems and equipment installed on U.S. Navy
- Provide engineering and technical support for submarine propulsion and auxiliary systems to include resolution of emergent equipment problems and Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Provide engineering and program management support for the OHIO Replacement Program (ORP).
- Provide data analysis support to NSWCCD. This shalls:
- Review Submarine System/Component Casualty Reports (CASREP) and Departure From Specification (DFS) data to trend problem areas with HM&E systems and equipment under the cognizance of NSWCCD Philadelphia and submit reports of findings and recommendations.
- Review fleet analysis center data to determine trends and indicators for systems and equipment under the cognizance of NSWCCD Philadelphia.
- Review Maintenance Index Pages and Maintenance Requirement Cards and make change recommendations as needed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of tracking spreadsheets for Top Management Attention (TMA) action items, Fleet HM&E Conference action items, technical issues raised by the fleet, Technical Manual Deficiency Evaluation Reports (TMDERs), and Technical Feedback Reports (TFBRs).
- Review Allowance Parts Lists (APLs) for accuracy and completeness and make change recommendations as needed.
- Review training curricula to determine if they adequately support safe, reliable, efficient, and self-sufficient shipboard operations and make change recommendations as needed.
- Develop and assist with maintaining fleet advisory data.
- Convene or attend meetings as necessary involving NAVSEA engineers, fleet support personnel, Submarine Technical Support Center Atlantic (STSCLANT) and Norfolk Ship Support Activity (NSSA) Norfolk to review system component data and make recommendations based on the data.
- Provide quarterly reports listing data analyzed and quarterly trend reports describing major indicators for NSWCCD Philadelphia cognizant submarine HM&E systems.
- Provide on-site program management support for the VIRGINIA (SSN-774) Class program.
- Provide Quality Assurance Oversight Representative (QAOR) support during submarine availabilities to ensure contractual work defined by U.S. Navy shipyard is completed by qualified personnel meeting all applicable Subsafe, Engineering and Process Instructions. Support functions shall include the following:
- Provide project management support to PMS-450 for the VIRGINIA Class Manufacturing Technology (ManTech) Program