Orbis, Inc. supports numerous U.S. Navy logistics programs by providing full life-cycle logistics engineering support to acquisition and in-service programs. Our personnel bring expert planning and execution qualifications to meet Fleet logistic requirements. Current major customers include Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Headquarters, Naval Surface Warfare Center, and Naval Undersea Warfare Center. Orbis, Inc. provides a full range of logistic services from the development of policy, requirements definition, program acquisition, modernization, to actual fielding of hardware equipment upgrades. This full life-cycle support brings value to the Fleet and ensures customer success. Areas of logistic expertise are identified below.
Performance Based Logistics (PBL) is an implementation strategy to provide specific readiness at optimized total life cycle costs; utilizing strategic partnerships that increasingly provide cradle-to-grave life cycle support. PBL encompass weapon system platforms, systems, subsystems, and components.
- Submarine Major Shore Spares Inventory Business Case Analysis
- Metrics Assistance
Configuration Management Program: The Configuration Management Program focuses on maintaining continuity of ship design, systems engineering and related cost and readiness factors. Overall programs efforts are concerned with monitoring factors related to technical performance, productivity, operability and supportability of configuration management design control, weapons systems acquisition, logistics support, and material management.
Orbis, Inc.’s primary activities in configuration management include: Supporting NAVSEA navy-wide configuration management program, shipboard logistics, and in-service fleet support.
- Supply and material support management for headquarters and fleet requirements
- Technical and program support of Naval Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS) and Tactical Integrated Digital Systems (TIDS) installations, networks, and upgrades, both afloat and ashore. Ensure adequacy and availability of NTCSS/TIDS ILS. Support TRIDENT Logistics Support/NTCSS Conferences with Typle Commanders (TYCOMS) and provide planning coordination material.
- Support new construction GCCS-M/NTCSS integration and installation on SSN 23 and SSGN 726 Class submarines. Ensure adequacy and availabililty of NTCSS ILS.
- Develop and maintain metric data of SEA 07L functions.
- Provide support for the TEAM SUB owned material and equipment stored at Quonset Point and Cheatham Annex.
SUBSAFE Certification: Orbis, Inc. supports SUBSAFE Certification through the following actions:
- The review of SUBSAFE/Quality assurance documentation
- Review and analysis of Scope of Certification documentation
- SUBSAFE/Quality Assurance Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) requirements review
- SUBSAFE/Quality Assurance Program Assessment
- SUBSAFE/Quality Assurance Business Process Improvement
- SUBSAFE/Scope of Certification Liaison Action Request (LARs) resolution
- Review of SUBSAFE/Scope of Certification Maintenance documentation
Quality Assurance: Orbis, Inc. supports NAVSEA 04XQ and provides direct support in the improvement and monitoring of quality assurance programs, processes and procedures utilized during work performed at Naval Shipyards and private facilities.
- Recommend technical requirements for the life cycle of the RADIAC Program
- Provide recommendations for RADIAC training documentation for the Integrated Logistics Elements and other logistic discipline
- Recommend logistics elements for RADIAC Program
- Conduct ILS risk assessments for RADIAC Program
- Monitor track and provide status of RADIAC equipment, provisioning process and the procurement, receipt and stowage aboard ship.
- Conducting studies, analyses and draft reports in support of acquisition
- Providing contract, financial, and technical services in support of submarine acquisition programs
- Strategic planning analysis
- Providing information and recommendations to respond to Congressional, DoD, other government agency, media, industry, or foreign government inquiries
- Determining of the of best practices for acquisition management of the program
Shipyard Support: Orbis, Inc. supports NAVSEA and the shipyards to assist in the analysis and functioning associated with the Corporate Production Resource Team (CPRT), Corporate Support Resource team (CSRT), and the Resource Management National Value Stream (RMNVS). The Corporate Resource Teams (CPRT and CSRT) are made up of representatives of the 6 Nuclear Shipyards and are responsible for migrating resource imbalances to support ship maintenance in the best interest of the Navy.
- Act as a mentor for the RMNVSC
- Assistance in the establishment of evaluation criteria for Resource Management Programs and practices within the Naval Shipyards
- Enable CSRT through recommendations/advice of business rules, practices, analytical assessment tools, and reporting mechanisms.
Configuration Management Readiness DivisionNAVSEA 04L5
Performance Based Logistics
Supplier Product Quality Program
RADIAC Program Office
Virginia Class Submarine Program
SSGN Class Submarine Program
Submarine Logistics Support Division
Program Executive Office Aircraft Carriers
NAVSEA Resource Management
NAVSEA Industrial Operations